Latest in Digital Flatbed Printing
Last year we purchased a state of the art large format / flatbed printer, which is the latest in direct printing technology. It uses a digital UV cured ink system, which can print up to 1600mm wide x any length (within reason) x 70mm thick material – allowing us to print on almost any material, we can adapt it to almost unlimited applications.
We have used this to print on a wide range of materials such as; natural timber, plywood, wooden board, laminated board, chip board, leather, echopanel (acoustic panels), PVC, corflute, acrylic, plastics, aluminium, ACM (Aluminium Composite Material), foam board, fabric and much more.
The ink system is UV stable, hard wearing and looks great with a range of resolutions available for the best balance between economy and quality. Laminating the surface can also protect and extend the life even further, especially in high traffic areas.
- This has been used in many of our clients interior design, signage or display projects. For example;
- Plywood has been printed on, which has been used to construct cabinets and feature screens in corporate fit out projects.
- We printed on echopanel (acoustic felt panel) for corporate pin-up boards and feature graphics.
- We have printed on PVC, plywood, aluminium and ACM for graphic display panels used in museums and other custom display projects.
- Often, we print on PVC panels which are then used to skin exhibition and trade show displays, which are easy to update and change for the next show.
- Print and laminate composite aluminium panels for McDonalds store fitouts, for vibrant graphics protected from patrons and vandalism
A material like timber / wooden boards, acrylic or metals can be printed then router cut to shape as well, for even more creative applications.
Watch the video below to see it in action.